Electrical & Thermal considerations in high frequency inductor design for industrial converter
By :Dr. Mazdak Ebadi, Assistant prof, Department of Electrical Eng., Arak University, Arak, Iran, The CEO of the Knowledge Enterprise "Camellia Innovators in Electronic Industry", the developer of "15 kW DC switching power supply"
Dr. Ali Asghar Ghadimi, Associated prof., Department of Electrical Eng., Arak University, Arak, Iran
Mohammad Amin Bahramian, M.Sc. student, Department of Electrical Eng., Arak University, Arak, Iran
Part 1: Introduction to HF inductor design based on Ferrite & Iron Powder cores
- Introduction to iron powder & ferrite materials available in the market
- Electrical Specs of the High frequency cores based on the datasheet
- Different types of core materials for different applications
- Inductor design using datasheet tables, and theoretical aspects
- Selecting the best option for cores and wires
- Thermal aspects and considerations in inductor design
- Efficiency calculation and measurement for a HF inductor
- Practical tips in inductor design based on electrical & Thermal considerations
Part 2: Experimental Case Study:
Inductor design based on KT520-52D Iron Powder core for a 15 kW / 7.2 kHz / 380 Vac to 50-300 Vdc / 50 Amp synchronous buck converter
Experimental electrical results
Experimental thermal analysis results
Modern application of machine learning (ML) in power electronics
By: Ehsan Karimi, M.Sc, Isfahan University of Technology
- Introduction to artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning
- Advantages and disadvantages of artificial intelligence in power electronic application.
- Evolutionary algorithms such as Genetic algorithm in control and design of power electronic devices
- Ensemble Learning and classic machine learning in power electronic application
- Deep learning in optimal control, optimal design and fault diagnosis of power electronic systems
- Data generation for test and training of artificial intelligence models in power electronic application
- Regulation and classification networks in MATLAB/Simulink software.
- Investigation some articles in field of “control and design of power electronic systems by using artificial intelligence”
- Introduction of Python and implementation of an artificial neural network in ARM-stm32.
-Implementation of an artificial neural network based method for control of a switching power supply setup.